bookmark_borderObtaining and Saving your Freshbooks API Credentials
Note: As of September 2016, Freshbooks has released a new version of their service. Currently, the Gravity Forms Freshbooks add-on only works with the previous Freshbooks Classic version, and will not work with their updated API.
To begin using the Freshbooks add-on, you will first need to obtain and save your Freshbooks API settings. In this article, we will show you how to get started with obtaining your Freshbooks API credentials, as well as saving them inside the settings page.
- First, log into your Freshbooks account.
- From within your Freshbooks account, click on My Account at the top right of the page.
- On this page, click on Freshbooks API.
- You should now see your API URL as well as your Authentication Token. Make note of these as you will be inputting them into the Freshbooks add-on shortly.
- Now that you have your API credentials, log into your WordPress admin dashboard and hover over Forms, then click on Settings.
- Next, click on the Freshbooks tab.
- On this page, you should see two fields, Site Name and Authorization Token. Within the Site Name field, enter only the beginning of your API URL. For example, if your full API URL reads https://exampleuser.freshbooks.com/api/2.1/xml-in, simply enter exampleuser into this field. In the Authorization Token field, simply enter the authorization token that you obtained from Freshbooks.
- Once complete, be sure to click the Update Settings button to save your changes.
You have now successfully configured the Freshbooks add-on for Gravity Forms to communicate with the Freshbooks API. You’re now ready to setup a feed within the Freshbooks add-on.