bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the Batchbook Add-On
Just like the other add-ons for Gravity Forms, the Batchbook add-on uses feeds to determine how form submissions interact with the add-on. In this article, we will show you how to easily create a feed for the Batchbook add-on.
- Begin by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Once logged in, select the form that you want to use with the Batchbook add-on. To do so, simply click on Forms on the left side navigation menu, then click on your desired form.
- From within your form, hover over Form Settings, then click on Batchbook.
- To create a new feed for Batchbook, click Add New.
- When creating a new Batchbook feed, the first option you will be presented with it the Feed Name. This can be anything you want, as long is it is unique. It’s simply used to easily reference your feed.
- Next, is the Map Fields section. Here, you will see a listing of fields available on the left, with dropdowns to the right. Simply select the field that corresponds with the type of information submitted.
In addition to the default required fields such as name and email, you may also map other information simply using the additional dropdown at the bottom.
- You are also able to define tags for the new addition to Batchbook. To do so, simply either enter them in the Tags field, or use merge tags to dynamically generate them based on the form submission. To view and insert available merge tags, you may click on the icon to the right of the field.
- Next, you have the option of adding a bio to the user. To do so, you may enter some information within the Bio text field. This field also supports merge tags to dynamically generate information based on the form submission.
- If you would like a person’s record to be updated if they already exist within Batchbook, select the checkbox labeled Update Person. If this option is selected, an additional dropdown field will appear. From here, you may select if you would like the information to be replaced, or new information simply appended to the existing record.
- Finally, if you would like the individual to be marked as a champion, select the checkbox labeled Mark as Champion.
Once you’ve selected all of your desired options, save your settings. Your feed is now ready to be used to pass on your form submission data over to Batchbook.