bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the FreshBooks Add-On
Note: As of September 2016, Freshbooks has released a new version of their service. Currently, the Gravity Forms Freshbooks add-on only works with the previous Freshbooks Classic version, and will not work with their updated API.
To begin sending your form submissions over to FreshBooks, you will first need to create a feed. Feeds allow your form submissions to be sent to the FreshBooks API. In this article, we will show you how to configure a feed for the FreshBooks add-on for Gravity Forms.
- First, log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Now that you’re within your WordPress dashboard, click on Forms on the left side navigation menu.
- From here, click on the form that you want to be used with FreshBooks.
- On the top menu, hover over Form Settings and click on FreshBooks.
- To create a new feed, click Add New.
- You should now be presented with various fields. The first of these is the Name field. This is simply the name of your feed. This can be anything you want it to be, as long as it is unique.
- The next section is Client Settings. Within this area, you will map the fields on your form with fields available within FreshBooks. Simply select your form fields in the dropdowns to the right of each item.
- The exception to the typical dropdowns in the Client Settings section is the Notes field. Within this field, you may define any custom notes you would like to be placed into FreshBooks. This field also support merge tags to dynamically generate content. To view the available merge tags, click the icon to the right of the field.
- Next up is the Invoice/Estimate Settings. Here, you may create an invoice or estimate within FreshBooks when the field is submitted. For more information on these, take a look at our articles on invoices in FreshBooks and Estimates in FreshBooks.
- Like many other add-ons, the FreshBook add-on also includes conditional logic. If you select the Enable Condition checkbox, submissions will only be processed by FreshBooks if a particular condition you have defined is set.
Congratulations. You have now configured a feed within the FreshBooks add-on. From here, your submissions on this form will now be sent to FreshBooks.