bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the Agile CRM Add-On
Just like any other Gravity Forms add-on, the Agile CRM add-on uses feeds to map your field data to Agile CRM. In this article, we will show you how to easily create a feed for Agile CRM.
Note: This article assumes that you have already installed and set up the Agile CRM add-on. If you have not already done so, see our articles on installing the Agile CRM add-on and setting up the Agile CRM add-on.
- Begin by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard if you have not done so already.
- Next, access your form that you will be using with Agile CRM by clicking on Forms on the left side navigation menu, then clicking on the form you would like to use. If you do not already have a form and are unsure of how to create one, you may review our article on creating forms for more information.
- On the top of this page, hover over Form Settings and click on Agile CRM to access your Agile CRM feeds.
- As you are reading this, you likely do not have any Agile CRM feeds set up yet. To add a new one, click the Add New button.
- You will now be sent to the settings page for your new feed. The first field is simply the Feed Name in which you may put anything you want here, as long as it is unique. It’s only used to simply identify your feed for easier identification later.
- Next, you will define the action that is performed when the feed is triggered by your form. The actions listed here are defined within the next sections.
Creating a New Contact
If you want to create a new contact within Agile CRM using Gravity Forms, the process is rather simple. The following will outline the steps you need to take.
- Of course, select the Action within your feed labeled Create New Contact.
- Next, you will be presented with the Map Fields section. In this section, fields accepted by Agile CRM are listed on the left, with dropdowns to the right. Simply use the dropdowns to select the fields within your form that will be used for the corresponding values. Additional fields may also be used when using the left side dropdown.
- Optionally, you may assign any tags that you would like to be associated with this contact using the Tags field. These values are comma separated and accept both static values as well as merge tags to dynamically insert tags based on field values. To review available merge tags, you may use the merge tag button to the right of the field.
- Lastly, you may select the checkbox labeled Update Contact if already exists if you would like to update the contact if it already exists in Agile CRM. Once done, an additional dropdown will appear allowing you to either replace existing information, or simply append any new data. If this is not selected, an existing client will simply be discarded.
Creating a New Task
Using the Agile CRM add-on, you may also create new tasks.
- If you have not already done so, select the Action checkbox labeled Create New Task.
- You will now need define the Subject of the field. This field supports both static values, as well as merge tags to dynamically insert field values. To view and insert available merge tags, you may use the button to the right of the field.
- The Days Until Due field allows you to determine the due date of new tasks submitted. This field requires a numerical value, and will set a due date this many days in the future.
- The next few fields are Priority, Status, and Type. Simply use the dropdowns next to the corresponding field.
- When creating a new task, you may also create a new note on that task. To do so, select the checkbox labeled Create Note for Task.
Once you do so, additional fields will appear allowing you to set the Note Subject and Note Description. These fields support both static text, as well as merge tags to dynamically generate content based on field submissions. To review and insert available merge tags, you may use the merge tag button to the right of the field.
- Finally is the Assign To field. If selected, and a contact is also being created upon submission, it will allow you to assign the new task to the newly created contact.
That’s all there is to it. Simply save your settings and your form will now relay data back to Agile CRM when the field is submitted.