End of Life Notice.
Due to API changes regarding the discontinued Campfire service, the Campfire Add-On will reach end-of-life on Dec 31st, 2022. After that date the add-on will no longer be supported and will no longer be available for download.
Before the Campfire Add-On can be used with Gravity Forms, you will first need to create a feed. A feed simply allows form submission data to be sent to another source. In this instance, form data being sent to Campfire.
Create a Feed
To create a feed to Campfire using the Campfire Add-On for Gravity Forms, do the following from your WordPress Admin Dashboard:
- Click on Forms in the left side menu.
- Select the form that you want to use with Campfire.
- Once within your desired form, hover over Settings and click on Campfire.
- Click Add New to create a new feed. You will be presented with the Campfire feed settings screen.
Feed Settings Screen
The following fields are available within the settings screen.
- A feed Name is required. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- The Campfire Room dropdown allows you to determine what room notifications will be broadcasted in.
- Once the room is selected, a Message field will appear. By default, a generic mix of static text and merge tags displays. You may modify this as you see fit.
- Select the Highlight Message checkbox to highlight the message for better visibility in chat,
- Conditional Logic: If unchecked, every successful form submission will be sent to Campfire. If you wish to set specific conditions for sending form data to Campfire, then check the “Enable Condition” box and fill out your required criteria.
- Click the Update Settings button to save your options.