bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the Campfire Add-On
Before you can begin relaying form submissions over to Campfire from Gravity Forms, you will first need to create a feed for the Campfire add-on. Without feeds, your forms won’t know what information to send over to Campfire. In this article, we will show you how to create a feed for the Campfire add-on with just a few simple steps.
- First, access your form that you would like to use with Campfire. This can be done by clicking on Forms on the right side navigation menu, then clicking on the form that you would like to manage.
- Next, hover over Form Settings on the top right of the page, and click on Campfire.
- To create a new feed, click Add New.
- The first of the options you will be presented with is the Name field. This is simply used to identify the feed. Enter whatever you want here, as long as it is unique.
- Next is the Campfire Room option. This dropdown allows you to determine what room notifications will be broadcasted in.
- Once the room is selected, a Message field will appear. By default, a generic mix of static text and merge tags will appear. Of course, you may modify this as you see fit. To review and insert available merge tags, simply click the icon to the right of the field.
- If you would like to highlight the message for better visibility in chat, you may also do so by selecting the Highlight Message checkbox.
- Just like other Gravity Forms add-ons, the Campfire add-on also supports conditional logic. For more information on conditional logic, see our documentation on configuring conditional logic.
That’s all there is to it. Once your settings are saved, your form will now broadcast messages to Campfire when submitted.