Before the HipChat Add-On can be used with Gravity Forms, you will first need to create a feed. A feed simply allows form submission data to be sent to another source. In this instance, a notification to a HipChat Chat Room when a form is submitted.
Create a Feed
To create a feed to HipChat using the HipChat Add-On for Gravity Forms, do the following from your WordPress Admin Dashboard:
- Click on Forms in the left side menu.
- Select the form that you want to use with HipChat.
- Once within your desired form, hover over Settings and click on HipChat.
- Click Add New to create a new feed. You will be presented with the HipChat feed settings screen.
Feed Settings Screen
The following fields are available within the settings screen. Refer to the settings screenshot below.
- A feed Name is required. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- Under HipChat Room, select the room you want the notification to go to.
- Select the Notification Color that HipChat will use for the background of the notification to distinguish it from standard chat.
- Select if you’d like to Send User Notification when the notification appears in HipChat. This will use HipChat’s built in audio/visual cues to alert users in the chatroom of the notification.
- Configure the Message of the HipChat notification. This is what will appear in HipChat.
- Conditional Logic: If unchecked, every successful form submission will be sent to HipChat. If you wish to set specific conditions for sending form data to HipChat, then check the “Enable” box and fill out your required criteria.
- Click the Update Settings button to save your options.