The iContact Add-On requires a valid license to receive access to automatic upgrades and documentation.
The Gravity Forms iContact Add-On requires the latest version of Gravity Forms, WordPress and a iContact account.
Installing The iContact Add-On
The easiest way to install the iContact Add-On is via the Add-On manager within Gravity Forms in your WordPress Dashboard.
To install manually follow the directions below:
- Download the add-on plugin from the Add-Ons download page.
- Upload the plugin folder and files via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder OR upload the plugin zip file via the “Add New” plugin menu in WordPress.
- Activate the “Gravity Forms iContact Add-On” plugin you just uploaded.
Setup The iContact Add-On
Now that the iContact Add-On is installed and active you will need to setup Gravity Forms to integrate with your iContact account. The iContact Add-On adds a new link to the “Settings” menu under “Forms” in your WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Gravity Forms “Settings” page and click on the “iContact” link.
On the Gravity Forms iContact Settings page you will need to enter your iContact account information. You will need to enter the following information:
- Application ID
- API Username
- API Password
Creating an iContact Application ID
To create an iContact Application ID and API password, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit Contacts application registration page.
- Set an application name and description for your application.
- Choose to show information for API 2.0.
- Copy the provided API-AppId into the Application ID settings field.
- Click “Enable this AppId for your account”.
- Create a password for your application and click save.
- Enter your API password, along with your iContact account username, into the settings fields.
If you have entered valid iContact API account information, you may then proceed to setup your iContact feeds.
Setup iContact Feeds
Your iContact Feeds allow you to integrate a form with your iContact account to feed user information in real time when a form is submitted. This allows you to automatically add subscribers to your iContact mailing lists when a form is submitted.
- Edit the Form you would like to integrate with iContact.
- Click on the iContact navigation item under the Form Settings.
- Click on the “Add New” button to add a new iContact Feed.
- Give your Feed a Name. This can be simply “iContact Integration” or something unique to distinguish it from other feeds you may setup for the same form.
- Select the iContact List you would like to add the subscriber to. This is the mailing list you’d like to add the subscriber to.
- Map iContact Fields to your available Form Fields. You can also create custom fields that will appear within your iContact admin by selecting Add Custom Field when mapping a field.
- Enable an opt-in condition. The opt-in condition is a conditional statement that requires a check box, radio button or drop down selection to determine if the iContact integration feed should be executed or not. This is highly recommended.
- Click Update Settings
Now that you have setup an iContact Feed, when the form you selected is submitted it will automatically send the data you have selected to the iContact List you have setup to receive data.
Add-on Framework Hooks
Because the iContact Add-on is built using the Add-on Framework it also inherits any hooks available in the framework methods it uses such as:
- gform_SLUG_field_value for changing a field value before it is passed to iContact.