The ActiveCampaign Add-On requires a valid license to receive access to automatic upgrades and documentation.
Installing The ActiveCampaign Add-On
The easiest way to install the ActiveCampaign Add-On is via the Add-On manager within Gravity Forms in your WordPress Dashboard.
To install manually follow the directions below:
- Download the add-on plugin from the Add-Ons download page.
- Upload the plugin folder and files via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder OR upload the plugin zip file via the “Add New” plugin menu in WordPress.
- Activate the “Gravity Forms ActiveCampaign Add-On” plugin you just uploaded.
Setup The ActiveCampaign Add-On
Now that the ActiveCampaign Add-On is installed and active you will need to setup Gravity Forms to integrate with your ActiveCampaign account. The ActiveCampaign Add-On adds a new link to the “Settings” menu under “Forms” in your WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Gravity Forms “Settings” page and click on the “ActiveCampaign” link.
On the Gravity Forms ActiveCampaign Settings page you will need to enter your ActiveCampaign account information. You will need to enter the following information:
- API URL
- API Key
Your ActiveCampaign API account information can be found by logging into your ActiveCampaign account, going to your Account Settings page and accessing your API key information.
If you have entered valid ActiveCampaign API account information, you may then proceed to setup your ActiveCampaign feeds.
Setup ActiveCampaign Feeds
Your ActiveCampaign Feeds allow you to integrate a form with your ActiveCampaign account to feed user information in real time when a form is submitted. This allows you to automatically add subscribers to your ActiveCampaign List when a form is submitted.
- Edit the Form you would like to integrate with ActiveCampaign.
- Click on the ActiveCampaign navigation item under the Form Settings.
- Click on the “Add New” button to add a new ActiveCampaign Feed.
- Give your Feed a Name. This can be simply “ActiveCampaign Integration” or something unique to distinguish it from other feeds you may setup for the same form.
- Select the ActiveCampaign List you would like to add the subscriber to.
- Map ActiveCampaign Fields to your available Form Fields. You can also create custom fields that will appear within your ActiveCampaign admin by selecting Add Custom Field.
- Choose an ActiveCampaign Form to send an opt-in email upon form submission. This option will only appear if there is an ActiveCampaign Form assigned to the selected ActiveCampaign List. Having an email field and the opt-in option enabled in this form is enough.
- Enable an opt-in condition. The opt-in condition is a conditional statement that requires a check box, radio button or drop down selection to determine if the ActiveCampaign integration feed should be executed or not.
- Enable Instant Responders if you want the user to receive the Instant Responder setup for the selected ActiveCampaign List upon signup.
- Enable Send the last broadcast campaign if you want the user to receive the last campaign sent out to the selected ActiveCampaign List.
- Click Update Settings
Now that you have setup an ActiveCampaign feed, when the form you selected is submitted it will automatically send the data you have selected to the ActiveCampaign List you have setup to receive data.
The ActiveCampaign Add-on provides hooks that can be used to modify the default functionality or extend it. For more information, review the ActiveCampaign Add-on Hooks.
Add-on Framework Hooks
Because the ActiveCampaign Add-on is built using the Add-on Framework it also inherits any hooks available in the framework methods it uses such as:
- gform_SLUG_field_value for changing a field value before it is passed to ActiveCampaign.