The CleverReach Add-On requires a valid license to receive access to automatic upgrades and documentation.
The Gravity Forms CleverReach Add-On requires the latest version of Gravity Forms, WordPress and a CleverReach account.
The PHP extension PHP Soap must also be present on your web server. Most web hosts will already have this PHP extension installed and enabled.
Installing The CleverReach Add-On
The easiest way to install the CleverReach Add-On is via the Add-On manager within Gravity Forms in your WordPress Dashboard.
To install manually follow the directions below:
- Download the add-on plugin from the Add-Ons download page.
- Upload the plugin folder and files via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder OR upload the plugin zip file via the “Add New” plugin menu in WordPress.
- Activate the “Gravity Forms CleverReach Add-On” plugin you just uploaded.
Setup The CleverReach Add-On
Now that the CleverReach Add-On is installed and active you will need to setup Gravity Forms to integrate with your CleverReach account. The CleverReach Add-On adds a new link to the “Settings” menu under “Forms” in your WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Gravity Forms “Settings” page and click on the “CleverReach” link.
On the Gravity Forms CleverReach Settings page you will need to enter your CleverReach API Key.
Your CleverReach API Key can be found by logging into your CleverReach account, going to the Account page, selecting Extras and then API. You can then copy the API Key from that page to paste into the Settings page of the CleverReach Add-On.
If you have entered valid CleverReach API Key, you may then proceed to setup your CleverReach feeds.
Setup CleverReach Feeds
Your CleverReach Feeds allow you to integrate a form with your CleverReach account to feed user information in real time when a form is submitted. This allows you to automatically add subscribers to your CleverReach mailing lists when a form is submitted.
- Edit the Form you would like to integrate with CleverReach.
- Click on the CleverReach navigation item under the Form Settings.
- Click on the “Add New” button to add a new CleverReach Feed.
- Give your Feed a Name. This can be simply “CleverReach Integration” or something unique to distinguish it from other feeds you may setup for the same form.
- Select the CleverReach Group you would like to add the subscriber to. This is the mailing list you’d like to add the subscriber to.
- Select which Email field on your form represents the email address of the subscriber submitting the form.
- Map CleverReach Fields to your available Form Fields. You can also create custom fields that will appear within your CleverReach admin by selecting Add Custom Field when mapping a field.
- Enable an opt-in condition. The opt-in condition is a conditional statement that requires a check box, radio button or drop down selection to determine if the CleverReach integration feed should be executed or not. This is highly recommended.
- Choose a CleverReach Form to send an opt-in email upon form submission. This option will only appear if there are CleverReach Forms that are assigned to the selected CleverReach group.
- Click Update Settings
Now that you have setup a CleverReach Feed, when the form you selected is submitted it will automatically send the data you have selected to the CleverReach List you have setup to receive data.
Add-on Framework Hooks
Because the CleverReach Add-on is built using the Add-on Framework it also inherits any hooks available in the framework methods it uses such as:
- gform_SLUG_field_value for changing a field value before it is passed to CleverReach.