Before the Capsule CRM Add-On can be used with Gravity Forms, you will first need to create a feed. A feed simply allows form submission data to be sent to another source. In this instance, person and task data being sent to Capsule CRM.
Create a Feed
To create a feed to Capsule CRM using the Capsule CRM Add-On for Gravity Forms, do the following from your WordPress Admin Dashboard:
- Click on Forms in the left side menu.
- Select the form that you want to use with Capsule CRM.
- Once within your desired form, hover over Settings and click on Capsule CRM.
- Click Add New to create a new feed. You will be presented with the Capsule CRM feed settings screen.
Feed Settings Screen
The following fields are available within the settings screen. Refer to the settings screenshots below.
- A Feed Name is required. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- For Action, chose either Create New Person or Create New Task. This will define the action that is performed when the feed is triggered by your form.
Creating a New Person
When Create New Person is chosen as the Action, the Person Details will display.
- Map Fields: Fields accepted by Capsule CRM are listed on the left, with form field dropdowns to the right. Use the dropdowns to select the fields within your form that will be used for the corresponding values. Additional fields may also be used when using the left side dropdown.
- In the About field you can enter static text as well as merge tags. To review and insert available merge tags, click the button to the right of the field.
- Select the checkbox labeled Update Person if already exists if you would like to update the person if it already exists in Capsule CRM. If selected, an additional dropdown will appear allowing you to either replace existing information or append any new data. If not selected, an existing client will simply be discarded.
- The Assign To options allow you to assign the person to a new case and/or opportunity. These individual checkboxes will present more details upon selection. Both support static values as well as merge tags.
Creating a New Task
When Create New Task is chosen as the Action, the Task Details will display.
- Define the Description of the task. This field supports both static values, as well as merge tags to dynamically insert field values.
- The Detail field allows you to provide additional details regarding the task. This field also supports merge tags.
- The Days Until Due field allows you to determine the due date of new tasks submitted. This field requires a numerical value and will set a due date this many days in the future.
- Status: Use the dropdown to set the Status. Options are Open and Completed.
- Category: Use the dropdown to set the Category. Options are Call, Email, Follow-up, Meeting, Milestone, and Send.
- Owner: Use the dropdown to select the Owner.
- The Assign Task option allows you to assign the new task to the newly created contact when used with the Create New Person action.
- Conditional Logic: If unchecked, every successful form submission will be sent to Capsule CRM. If you wish to set specific conditions for sending form data to Capsule CRM, then check the “Enable” box and fill out your required criteria.
- Click the Update Settings button to save your options.