bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the Capsule CRM Add-On
When using the Capsule CRM add-on, you will need to create a feed which will map information submitted within your forms to pass over to Capsule CRM. In this article, we will show you how to do so with just a few easy steps.
- First, log into your WordPress admin dashboard and access your form that you would like to use with Capsule CRM. This is done by clicking on Forms on the left side navigation menu, then clicking on your desired form.
- From within your form, hover over Form Settings at the top bar, and click on Capsule CRM.
- To create a new feed for Capsule CRM, click the Add New button.
- Next, you will define a name for your feed. Simply enter a name in the Field Name field. This can be anything, as long as it is unique. It is simply used for easy identification.
- Within the Action options, you may define one or more actions by selecting the checkbox for the appropriate action. These are Create New Person and Create New Task. We will describe both of these in the following sections:
Create New Person
- To use this form to create a new person, be sure to select the Create New Person checkbox within the Action setting.
- After selecting the Create New Person action, additional fields will appear. The first of these additional settings is the Map Fields section. Here, you will want to map each field in your form with the corresponding label in Capsule CRM, in addition to any custom entries that you would like to make via the bottom dropdown.
- Next is the About field. Here, you may enter static text as well as merge tags. To review and insert available merge tags, you may click the button to the right of the field.
- The Update Person option allows you to update a person if they already exist.
- Lastly is the Assign To option. This will allow you to assign the person to a new task and/or case. These individual checkboxes will present more information upon selecting and support both static values as well as merge tags.
Create New Task
- Upon selecting the Create New Task checkbox, the first additional option that appears will be the task’s Description. This field accepts both static text as well as merge tags. To review and insert the available merge tags, click the icon to the right of the field.
- Next is the Detail field. This allows you to provide additional details regarding the task. This field also supports merge tags.
- The Days Until Due field allows you to determine when the task will be due. This accepts numerical values and simply counts the number of days in the future. For example, if you entered 2 here, and the form was submitted on the 1st of the month, the due date would be set for the 3rd.
- Lastly are the Status, Category, Owner, and Assign Task dropdowns. These are rather self-explanatory and allow you to adjust the status, category, and and user assignments.
You’re all done creating a feed for the Gravity Forms Capsule CRM add-on! Be sure to save your settings. This feed will now send the submissions from your form to Capsule CRM.