- On Feb 24th, 2021, Slack will be deprecating their older API methods in favor of their updated Conversations API.
- Users of the official Gravity Forms Slack Add-on will need to update to version v1.13 or later to use the new API methods..
- Failure to update will affect feed settings after the Slack API deprecation date of Feb 24.
- The “Team Invites” feature offered in previous versions will no longer work as of this update. Refer to this section.
Effect of Deprecation on Versions 1.12 and Prior
Users who do not upgrade will no longer be able to modify their Slack feed settings after February 24th, as the API endpoints used to list channels and group IMs will not be accessible. Upgrading will restore expected functionality to the feed settings.
Users who update to the new version will need to re-authenticate with their Slack service. You do that by disconnecting and reconnecting.
- Disconnect from Slack using the “Disconnect” button in the Slack Add-On Settings page.
- Connect to Slack again using the normal process described here.
After that, functionality should continue to work as it previously did with no changes needed, except the Team Invite feature, as described below.
Team Invite Feature Deprecation
Under the new Slack API and tokens, the endpoints offered for this feature are now only available to Slack Enterprise Grid accounts.
As of this update, this feature will no longer function within our Slack Add-On.