The Emma Add-On requires a valid license.
Installing The Emma Add-On
The easiest way to install the Emma Add-On is via the Add-On manager within Gravity Forms in your WordPress Dashboard.
To install manually follow the directions below:
- Download the add-on plugin from the Add-Ons download page.
- Upload the plugin folder and files via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder OR upload the plugin zip file via the “Add New” plugin menu in WordPress.
- Activate the “Gravity Forms Emma Add-On” plugin you just uploaded.
Setup The Emma Add-On
Now that the Emma Add-On is installed and active you will need to setup Gravity Forms to integrate with your Emma account. The Emma Add-On adds a new link to the “Settings” menu under “Forms” in your WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Gravity Forms “Settings” page and click on the “Emma” link.
On the Gravity Forms Emma Settings page you will need to enter your Emma API account information. You will need to enter the following information:
- Account ID
- Public API Key
- Private API Key
Your Emma API account information can be found by logging into your Emma account, go to your Account Settings page and access your API key information. Please be aware that the Private API Key will only be displayed the first time it is generated by Emma, so be sure to copy-n-paste the Private API Key as soon as it is displayed.
If you need to regenerate the API Key’s for your Emma account you will need to update the API settings within the Gravity Forms Emma Add-On.
If you have entered valid Emma API account information you may then proceed to setup your Emma feeds.
Setup Emma Feeds
Your Emma Feeds allow you to integrate a form with your Emma account to feed user information in real time when a form is submitted. This allows you to automatically add subscribers to your Emma Group when a form is submitted.
- Edit the Form you would like to integrate with Emma.
- Click on the Emma navigation item under the Form Settings.
- Click on the “Add New” button to add a new Emma Feed.
- Give your Feed a Name. This can be simply “Emma Integration” or something unique to distinguish it from other feeds you may setup for the same form.
- Select the Emma Group you would like to add the subscriber to.
- Select the Email Address field that will be added as a subscriber.
- Map Emma Fields to your available Form Fields. You can also create custom fields that will appear within your Emma admin by selecting Add Custom Field.
- Enable an opt-in condition. The opt-in condition is a conditional statement that requires a check box, radio button or drop down selection to determine if the Emma integration feed should be executed or not.
- Enable Double Opt-In. If enabled, the user will also receive an email from Emma and will need to click on a link within the email to confirm their subscription.
- Click Update Settings
Now that you have setup a Emma feed, when the form you selected is submitted it will automatically send the data you have selected to the Emma Group you have setup to receive data.
Please keep in mind that if you have selected “Double Opt-In” that a subscriber will not be added to your group until they click on the opt-in link in the automated email they receive from Emma. It is recommended that you use both an opt-in condition and double opt-in in order to maintain a mailing list free of spam complaints.