Getting Started with Gravity Forms is a beautifully simple process. If you’re already familiar with installing WordPress plugins, you’re already halfway there. In this tutorial, we will show you how to get started with Gravity Forms in just a few minutes. We promise, it’s an incredibly quick and simple process.
Installing Gravity Forms
- To begin installing Gravity Forms, you will first need to download the plugin zip file. To do so, access the Gravity Forms download page, and click the big orange button to start your download. Be sure to save the plugin zip file in a safe place, as you will need it later.
- Next, log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Once logged in, hover over Plugins and click Add New.
- On the top of the page, click the Upload Plugin button.
- You should now be prompted with a Browse button. Click it and locate the zip file you downloaded earlier. Then click Install Now.
- WordPress will now perform the installation of Gravity Forms for you. Once complete, be sure to click Activate to activate Gravity Forms on your site.
- To begin with the initial setup, click on Forms on the left side navigation menu. You will be brought to the Gravity Forms setup wizard.
- The first prompt will ask you for your Gravity Forms license key. To obtain your license key, go to the Gravity Forms account page. Enter your license key here, then click the Next button. If you choose not to enter your license key, after you click the Next button, you will need to confirm that you will not receive updates (including security updates), or support.
- Next, you will be asked if you would like automatic updates or not. We highly recommend accepting automatic updates, as it ensures that things like security updates are applied to keep your site running the best possible.
- Finally, you will have a couple general settings. The first of these is Currency. Simply use the dropdown to select your local currently. The second of these options is No Conflict Mode. Typically, you will leave this option off, but if you know of a conflict that occurs between Gravity Forms and another plugin on your site, you may want to turn No Conflict Mode on.
- After clicking Next, you will have completed the setup wizard. To get started using Gravity Forms, click the Create Form button. You’re now well on your way to creating your first form!
Creating a Form
Creating a form with Gravity Forms is quite simple. If you followed the final step in the previous section, you should now be on the form creation page. If not, simply click on Forms on the left side navigation menu.
Creating a form is as simple as naming your new form, adding a few fields, and embedding it into a page. If you would like further detailed instructions, see our article on creating a form with Gravity Forms.
Gravity Forms also includes several add-ons, depending on your current license. Installing add-ons are as simple as downloading the add-on from the installation page, and installing it just as you would Gravity Forms or any other WordPress plugin.
If you would like more information, review our article on installing Gravity Forms add-ons.