bookmark_borderConfiguring PayPal Standard IPN Settings
Notice: In September 2016, the PayPal IPN will begin to require SSL/HTTPS on all IPN callbacks. If you are using the PayPal IPN, you will need to obtain an SSL certificate.
When using the PayPal Payments Standard addon from Gravity Forms, PayPal talks to the addon using IPN which is simply lets Gravity Forms know that they payment has been processed by PayPal. In this article, we will show you how to set up your PayPal IPN to communicate with the Gravity Forms PayPal Payments Standard addon.
- First, log into your PayPal account.
- To access your PayPal IPN settings, you may either:
- Access the IPN settings page directly. Or:
- From within your PayPal account, click on the account icon at the top right of the page, then click on Profile and Settings. On this page, click on the My selling tools menu item to the left of the page. Once here, click on Update to the right of Instant payment notifications.
- From within here, click on the Choose IPN Settings button.
- You will now be prompted with a field labeled Notification URL. Within this field, enter the following, replacing example.com with the domain that the Gravity Forms PayPal Standard addon is installed.
In addition to entering the URL, also select the radio button labeled Receive IPN messages (Enabled).
- Once complete, save your changes.
PayPal Standard IPN is now enabled. When a purchase is made, it will now send a notification to the PayPal Standard Add-On for Gravity Forms, letting it know that the payment was successful. If you need further information on using PayPal Standard within Gravity Forms, you may review our article on configuring the PayPal Standard Gravity Forms addon.