bookmark_borderCreating a Feed for the Authorize.Net Add-On
Before the Authorize-Net add-on can be used with Gravity Forms, you will first need to create a feed. A feed simply allows form submission data to be sent to another source. In this instance, payment data being sent to Authorize.Net.
Note: To use the Authorize.Net add-on, you will need a Credit Card field within your form. When using Page fields to create a multi-page form the Credit Card field should be located on the last page of the form.
- If you have not already done so, log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Next, access the form that you want to use with Authorize.Net.
- From within the form editor, hover over Form Settings and click on Authorize.Net.
- To create a new feed, click the Add New button.
- You should now be within the settings for your Authorize.Net feed. The first option here is the Name. Simply place any name you want in this field. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- Next is the Transaction Type. Most users will select Products and Services, but there is also the Subscription transaction type if you will be taking recurring payments.
- Based on your selection within the Transaction Type drop down, additional settings will be available. This will either be the Products and Services Settings or Subscription Settings. Within both options, you will select the field that contains your form total, but if you have selected the Subscription option, you will also see additional options to control the subscription such as the payment interval, recurring times, setup fee, or a trial period.
- Next, you will need to configure the Billing Information. Here, you will simply map each of the various options to the desired form field that will contain that information.
- If you would like a receipt to be sent from Authorize.Net after purchase, select the checkbox labeled Send Authorize.Net email receipt.
- Just like other Gravity Forms add-ons, the Authorize.Net add-on supports conditional logic which can be enabled using the Enable Conditional Logic checkbox. For more information on conditional logic in Gravity Forms, see our article on conditional logic.
- Within the Authorize.Net add-on, you also have the ability to override your default API credentials from a specific feed by checking the box labeled Override Default Settings. Once checked, you will be presented with additional fields to enter your API credentials.
You’ve now created a feed for the Authorize.Net add-on. You’re now ready to test your settings, and if everything goes well, switch to Production mode to accept live payments from your customers.