The feed configuration determines what type of transaction should occur when the form is submitted, what to use as the payment amount, and which fields contain values that should be passed to PayPal.
Configure a feed
To configure a PayPal Checkout Feed do the following from your WordPress Admin Dashboard:
- Click on Forms in the left side menu.
- Select the form that you want to use with PayPal Checkout.
- Once within your desired form, hover over Settings and click on PayPal Checkout.
- Click Add New to create a new feed or click the Edit action link which appears when you hover over an existing feed in the table. You will then be presented with the PayPal Checkout feed settings screen.
Note: You can create multiple PayPal Checkout feeds for your form; however, you must configure conditional logic on them. The PayPal Checkout Add-On will only process one feed during submission; if conditional logic is not configured, it will use the first feed it finds.
Feed Settings Reference
The following fields are available within the settings screen.
- A feed Name is required. It is only used for identification and will not be shown anywhere other than your feed listing.
- Select the Transaction Type. This drop down contains the transaction types which the add-on supports. Products and Services or Subscriptions (recurring payments).
Products and Services Settings
If you select Products and Services from the Transaction Type drop down, the options below will appear.
This drop down allows you to select what should be used as the payment amount. A specific product field within your form or the form total.
Under the Other Settings section, there are several other fields that can be configured.
Configures what billing information is sent to PayPal when processing a transaction. Map each of the billing fields to the desired form field that will contain that information.
If you do not need PayPal to capture a shipping address, enable the checkbox labeled Do not prompt buyer to include a shipping address.
If unchecked, every successful form submission will be sent to PayPal. If you want payment to be conditional based on how the user completes the form, check the “Enable Condition” box and fill out the rules which must be met.
If you select Subscriptions from the Transaction Type drop down, there are some other options available to configure, please check the Configuring Subscriptions in PayPal Checkout documentation for more details.