PayPal Checkout Add-On Changelog
3.0.0 | 2023-11-30
- Added support for the Gravity Forms 2.8 form editor compact view.
- Updated the theme framework variables to be compatible with Gravity Forms 2.8.
2.9.0 | 2023-10-30
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal SDK isn't loaded correctly in WordPress 6.4.
2.8.0 | 2023-10-11
- Fixed an issue where creating a subscription fails because of insufficient permissions.
- Fixed a PHP notice that occurs the first time the settings page is visited when using PHP 8.1.
2.7.0 | 2023-08-31
- Updated the number of funding sources displayed by default to avoid errors when processing payments.
- Fixed an issue that causes the PayPal Buttons to display improperly when used in Conversational Forms.
- Fixed an issue which prevents the "Previous" button from displaying properly.
- Added support for a new PayPal event.
- Fixed an issue where credit card payments can fail on conversational forms containing page fields.
2.6 | 2023-06-07
- Added the "Subscription Created" event type for Notifications.
- Updated subscriptions handler to remove the deprecated sanitization filter.
- Updated the "Using the PPCP Add-on" documentation links.
- Fixed an issue that causes submissions to break if more than one form is on a page.
- Fixed an issue where delayed feeds are not triggered after successful subscription payments.
- Fixed an issue where PayPal inline scripts are loaded for forms that don't have a PayPal Checkout field.
- Fixed an issue so that the PayPal Docs correctly link to the correct URL.
- Fixed an issue which prevents showing the "Display Other Payment Buttons" setting for PayPal accounts without Credit Card support.
- Fixed an issue where a php warning is thrown when working with subscriptions.
2.5 | 2023-01-19
- Added support for the new theme framework.
- Added Gravity Forms license key to the OAuth process.
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal buttons can be displayed multiple times for ajax enabled multipage forms.
2.4 | 2022-04-19
- Added the "Display Other Payment Buttons" setting in the form editor to allow rendering buttons for a variety of funding sources, including Venmo.
- Added the gform_ppcp_enable_funding filter that allows adding custom funding sources.
- Updated the PayPal field settings to remove the deprecated credit card style setting.
- Fixed an issue which prevents the PayPal payment button from being displayed when the submit button is a target of conditional logic.
- Fixed an issue which causes the PayPal payment button to be displayed even when the payment amount is set to 0.
- Fixed an issue which causes the focus to be removed from user-defined price fields as soon as the user types in the field.
- Fixed an issue where entries are marked as paid before payments are captured.
- Fixed an issue which causes the payment method selector to be hidden when there is a subscription feed, even if the active feed is not a subscription.
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal payment button is not hidden by conditional logic.
- Fixed an issue where the appearance preview in the editor does not always reflect the appearance on the front end.
- Fixed an issue where all sandbox transactions are failing the 3D Secure challenge.
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal button is not displayed on forms with legacy mode enabled.
2.3 | 2022-02-02
- Updated the alert styles.
- Fixed an issue that causes the smart buttons to appear in the wrong place in the editor in Gravity Forms 2.6.
- Fixed an issue where orders fail to be processed when the order currency is different than the default Gravity Forms currency.
- Fixed an issue where smart buttons do not function correctly when a feed is switched between a product and a subscription feed.
- Fixed a typo in an error message.
2.2 | 2021-15-09
- Added a new setting to the PayPal field's appearance tab to show or hide the PayPal credit messages.
- Fixed an issue that prevents transactions from processing if the product name or description exceeds the character limit.
- Fixed an issue which causes the Dashboard to break if the PayPal API has a Server Error.
2.1 | 2021-05-26
- Added the gform_ppcp_discount_total filter that allows modifying the discount total value before sending it to PayPal.
- Fixed an issue that prevents forms from submitting properly when enabled with Ajax.
- Fixed an issue that causes duplicate PayPal smart buttons to appear on multi-page forms using Ajax.
- Fixed the do not prompt buyer to include a shipping address setting to work correctly with forms configured with a subscription feed.
- Fixed an issue that causes a notice about misconfigured subscription settings to display in other add-on settings.
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal credit button incorrectly appears as a payment option for subscriptions.
- Fixed an issue that causes PayPal Checkout to generate PHP notices when saving feeds for other add-ons.
- Fixed an issue where the submit button does not display if a PayPal feed is active.
- Fixed an issue that prevents form editors from creating test submissions in preview with forms that have a subscription feed.
2.0 | 2020-04-14
- Added support for subscriptions.
- Added support for authorizing a payment and capturing later for products and services.
- Added a refund button to the entry detail page to allow payments to be refunded in full from Gravity Forms.
- Added support for setup fees within subscription feeds.
- Added support for trial periods within subscription feeds.
- Added logging statements.
- Updated the name of the add-on from PayPal Commerce Platform to PayPal Checkout.
- Updated the menu and form editor icons to use Gravity Forms 2.5's font icon set instead of an svg.
- Updated error messages displayed when insufficient address details are sent to PayPal.
- Updated error message displayed when PayPal cannot locate an order ID.
- Updated PayPal payment buttons to abide by conditional logic rules set on the form submit button.
- Updated the PayPal field appearance tab in the form editor so that smart button previews fully display in horizontal layouts regardless of their selected size.
- Fixed the PayPal field so it renders when product quantity is disabled in Gravity Forms 2.5+.
- Fixed an issue that allows the credit card field to display with a subscription feed if it is the only payment method.
- Fixed display issues with the PayPal credit card field in the editor when used in combination with the legacy markup setting.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the Cardholder Name settings in the PayPal field are not being retained on save.
- Fixed an issue where field settings won't expand in the form editor if the add-on is not connected to PayPal.
- Fixed an issue that causes form submissions to fail when a product price is calculated using merge tags.
- Fixed an issue with locating entries by transaction ID when processing some webhook events.
- Fixed an issue where the credit card field was displaying in multi-page forms when PayPal Checkout is selected as the payment option.
- Fixed an issue that prevented submissions from processing when a form contains an invisible recaptcha.
- Fixed a layout issue when using multi-page forms with PayPal Checkout.
- Fixed the layout of the smart button options in the appearance tab of the PayPal field in Gravity Forms 2.5.
1.4 | 2020-09-24
- Added support for Gravity Forms 2.5.
- Fixed an issue where order total is not calculated accurately when coupons are applied.
1.3 | 2020-08-05
- Added support for WordPress 5.5.
- Fixed multiple layout issues with the Smart Payment Buttons on multi-page forms.
- Fixed an issue where an error message is not displayed when checkout fails.
1.2 | 2020-07-15
- Added security enhancements.
- Added accessibility enhancements that announcing supported credit cards and card errors to screen readers.
- Fixed an JS error thrown in forms without any conditional logic field set.
- Fixed an payment error when pricing fields have conditional logic based on non-pricing fields.
- Added a warning message that disables the Connect to PayPal button for sites on localhost.
1.1 | 2020-05-06
- Fixed an issue where Euro users cannot submit payments successfully.
- Fixed Smart Payment Buttons not working with authorize intent orders.
- Fixed an issue where the PayPal field contains an unclosed span tag in certain PayPal field and form layout configurations.
- Fixed an issue where newly registered PayPal accounts cannot see their accounts are connected and their status.
1.0 | 2020-03-30