- Refer to the article Setup the Square Add-on
The next step in integrating the Square Add-on is to create the form you are going to use. This can include existing forms. To be compatible with the Square Add-on, your form must contain the following required fields:
- A Pricing field
- A Square field, which provides Credit Card input and Cardholder name
- A Name field
- An Email field
- An Address field
Available Payment Methods
The Square Add-on supports both Products and Services (one-time payments) as well as Subscriptions (recurring transactions that can be created and managed within Gravity Forms). Please refer to this document for more details on the available settings for each option.
Create Your Form
- From the left-hand navigation menu of your WordPress admin dashboard, hover over Forms and click on New Form.
- Enter a Form Title and Form Description. Click Create Form. Alternatively you can hover over Forms and click on Forms to choose an existing form from the list.
- Add fields for capturing standard payment information. We included the Name, Email and Address fields to get basic information from customers. Note: These are required fields for the Feed to Square.
- Add the required fields to your form and configure them as needed. These include Pricing fields of your choice. In the example below, the Shirt, Shipping, and Total serve as the Pricing fields.
- Add the Square Field – Expand the Pricing Fields section and add the Square Field to your form to collect payment information via the Square field, which provides Credit Card and Cardholder Name input.
If you have another Payment Gateway add-on installed and active, the Gravity Forms Credit Card Field is still available in case you are allowing users to choose from a list of payment processors, such as Square and Authorize.Net (the standard Credit Card field is needed for Authorize.Net’s processing). Conditional logic can be used to show/hide the Credit Card field depending on the payment processor selection.
- Square Field Input: Once you have inserted the Square Field (which is hosted on Square’s servers), you can configure general and specific settings for your Square Field.
Now that you have created your form, with pricing fields and a Square field, it is valid for integration with Square. Visit Creating a Feed for the Square Add-On for the next step in the integration process. This is a critical step. If it is not completed, nothing is sent to Square for processing.
If you need help with creating forms, visit Creating a Form for more information.
- When using Page fields to create a multi-page form, the Square field should be located on the last page of the form.
- If you delete the Square field from your form, the Square feeds will automatically deactivate to prevent them from running during form submission, which as the field is missing, would cause a validation error due to Square being unable to capture the card details.
- Your Gravity Forms Currency Settings must match the Currency Settings in your Square account