- Gravity Forms and Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On installed
- SSL Certificate Installed and Configured
- A Stripe account
- A Stripe account login with user role of “owner” or “administrator”
The Stripe Settings will allow you to connect and authenticate with your Stripe account and make some choices about how you collect payment information. Additionally, it will allow you to setup webhooks which are used to communicate events from Stripe back to your Gravity Forms environment.
Navigate to your Stripe Add-On Settings page:
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- On the left side navigation menu, hover over Forms and click on Settings.
- Click the Stripe tab.
Mode specifies the environment you want to connect your form submissions to. Choosing Live will connect you to the environment that initiates real transactions, while Test will run the form entry into your Stripe test environment for review, but no actual charging will occur.
For full instructions on how to connect to a live or test environment, review the process described in this help guide.
- Log in here to access your Stripe Webhooks management page.
- In Stripe, click the Add endpoint button at the top right above the list of webhooks.
Note: There is a maximum limit of 16 webhook endpoints per Stripe account.
- In the Endpoint URL field, paste the URL found under “View Instructions” on the Gravity Forms Stripe Settings page.
- Under Version, select Latest API Version from the dropdown.
- Under Select events to listen to click Select events .
- Check the box to Select all events.
- Click the Add events button to save the selection.
- Scroll down and click the Add endpoint button to save the webhook.
- Under Signing secret, click the Reveal link.
- Copy the signing secret and note the Mode (Test or Live) at the top of the screen.
- Enter the Signing Secret from the Stripe Webhooks page into the Stripe settings. Use the Test Signing secret or Live Signing secret field as applicable.
- Check the I have enabled the Gravity Forms webhook URL in my Stripe account. box.
- Click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Payment Collection (Stripe v2.6+)
- Scroll to the Payment Collection section.
- Select the Payment Collection Method to determine how payment information will be obtained on your form. See this article for more information on the payment collection methods offered.
Once you have entered your Stripe settings, you’re ready to begin Setting Up a Stripe Compatible Form.
- There is a maximum limit of 16 webhook endpoints per Stripe account.
- Stripe Checkout can only be tested/used on a public site. If your site is not public, you won’t be able to see the Stripe Checkout page.