- Gravity Forms and Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On installed
- SSL Certificate Installed and Configured
- A Stripe account
The Stripe Settings will allow you to connect and authenticate with your Stripe account and make some choices about how you collect payment information. Additionally, it will allow you to setup webhooks which are used to communicate events from Stripe back to your Gravity Forms environment.
Navigate to your Stripe Add-On Settings page:
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- On the left side navigation menu, hover over Forms and click on Settings.
- Click the Stripe tab.
Allows you to specify the environment you want to send your form submission to. Choosing Live will initiate real transactions, while Test will run the form entry into your Stripe test environment, which should not generate any real transactions.
- Select the API to use for Stripe integration: Live or Test. Live is for real transactions, and Test is for testing the integration and submitting test forms.
- Enter the Live Publishable Key and Live Secret Key for your Stripe account if using Live mode. Or enter the Test Publishable Key and Test Secret Key for your Stripe account if using Test mode. For details on how to get your API information, refer to Obtaining Your Stripe API Keys.
- Click Update Settings.
If you’ve entered your API information correctly, you will be notified by green check marks beside each box. If you do not see green check marks, please double check this information and try again.
Payment Collection (available in Stripe v2.6 and later)
- Scroll to the Payment Collection section.
- Select the Payment Collection Method to determine how payment information will be obtained on your form. Refer to this article for more information on the payment collection methods offered.
- Log in here to access your Stripe Webhooks management page.
- In Stripe, click the Add endpoint button at the top right above the list of webhooks.
Note: There is a maximum limit of 16 webhook endpoints per Stripe account.
- In the Endpoint URL field, paste the URL found under “View Instructions” on the Gravity Forms Stripe Settings page (see screenshot below).
- Under Version, select the Latest API Version if available (see screenshot below).
- Under Events to send, click receive all events from within the box (see screenshot below).
- Click the Add endpoint button to save the webhook (see screenshot below).
- Under Signing secret, click the “Click to reveal” button.
- Copy the signing secret and note the Mode at the top of the screen.
- Enter the Signing Secret from the Stripe Webhooks page into the Stripe settings. Use the Test Signing secret or Live Signing secret field as applicable.
- Check the I have enabled the Gravity Forms webhook URL in my Stripe account. box.
- Click Update Settings.
Screenshot: Adding a Webhooks endpoint in Stripe
Once you have entered your Stripe settings, you’re ready to begin Setting Up a Stripe Compatible Form.