Before you can begin using the PayPal Payments Pro Add-On, you will first need to properly configure it. This process involves obtaining API keys and inserting them into the add-ons settings page. We’ll show you how below.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- On the left side navigation menu, hover over Forms and click on Settings.
- From this page, click the PayPal Payments Pro tab.
- The API setting allows you to switch between sandbox (testing) and live transactions. We always recommend setting this to Sandbox to avoid accidental charges and to assist with testing until you are ready to process live transactions.
- Username and Password: These will be the Payflow credentials that you have set when creating your PayPal Payments Pro account and are used to log into the PayPal Manager. If you are unsure of these, you can always access the PayPal Manager site to either recover your existing credentials or make a new account. Enter your username and password into the designated fields.
- Some companies may have a specific merchant login that they will need to use, which differs from the username. If you have a separate merchant login, enter it within the field labeled Vendor. If you don’t have one, or don’t know what this is, you can leave this field empty as it is likely not needed.
- Partner: If you created your PayPal Payments Pro account through a reseller, then you will need to enter the appropriate partner here. If you signed up directly, you’ll simply leave this field as PayPal.
- Click Update Settings. If you’ve entered your account information correctly, you will be notified by green check marks beside each box. If you do not see green check marks, please double check this information and try again.
Once you have entered your API information, you’re ready to begin creating a feed for the PayPal Payments Pro Add-On.
Adding a Credit Card Field
Note: When using Page fields to create a multi-page form, the Credit Card field must be located on the last page of your form.
Once you have set up the PayPal Pro credentials, you’ll need to add a Credit Card field to be able to accept credit cards within your form. To do so, access the Form Editor and add a Credit Card field.
If you need more information on Credit Card fields, take a look at the credit card field documentation.