What does the “additional data collection” option mean?
The Gravity Forms Onboarding Wizard includes a question asking whether or not the site administrator would like to assist us by agreeing to additional data collection on the usage of Gravity Forms and Gravity Forms official add-ons.
This opt-in is for optional usage analytics, and is not related to the required data we pass during background tasks such as version checks and site license key validation.
What is being collected?
The following product usage metadata is collected:
In the future this may be expanded to include general usage information, specific settings of interest to product development, to trap specific errors related to a certain process, etc. This data is intended to assist our product and marketing teams by improving our insight into actual customer usage behaviors.
What will not be collected?
If and when additional data collection is established, it is important to note the following points about what we collect:
- the data will be linked to your license key hash and the website of installation.
- the data does not include any personal identifying information about your account or your purchase method.
- the data does not include any identifying information on your website users
- the data does not include any of your collected form submissions (entries).
- the presentation of usage analytics is aggregated and anonymized.
What if I change my mind?
This setting can be turned on or off by toggling the option available within the global Gravity Forms Settings page at Forms → Settings → Data Collection.
If you are no longer using the product and wish for all previously collected data to be erased, you can request the erasure of all your personal data by contacting our Support desk.
What other info does Gravity Forms collect?