Sometimes when requesting technical support, our Support Engineers (or the ticket form) may request a screenshot of your feed settings.
This small guide gives a little advice on taking a good screenshot.
Navigate To your Feed Settings
The feed settings we are interested in can be accessed by clicking the Settings button at the top of the form editor page.
- Navigate to the form in question.
- Click or hover over Settings at top.
- Scroll down and choose the add-on you need help with. You will be presented with a screens showing a list of feeds for that add-on.
- Click Edit on the feed you need help with.
This will place you on the feed settings screen we need.
Taking A Screenshot
Most operating systems have some screenshot taking functionality built in. Here’s some help for the most popular OSs:
Alternatively, there are dozens of good third party screenshot taking apps available in your application marketplace. Here’s one many that many of our Mac using team members love: https://cleanshot.com/
- Make sure to include field mappings, options, and conditional logic in the image.
- Sometimes the feed settings are too large to get a single screenshot of it all. If your screenshot software cannot support full page screenshots, then zoom out the view of your browser first. CMD – (command key and minus/dash key) on MacOS or CTRL – (command key and minus/dash key) on Windows. You can also take multiple screenshots if it is clearer.
Now you should have something to send us. A good screenshot can really get Support Team excited!