WARNING: Do NOT use the Uninstall [plugin] button in the Forms > Settings area – this will remove your form data.
When you follow the steps below, all your data (forms, entries, feeds, settings etc.) will remain untouched. But we still recommend you back up your database and files before installing or updating any plugin.
Using the WordPress Admin Dashboard
- If you haven’t already done so, download the Gravity Forms or Add-On zip from the downloads page. Be sure to save this zip file somewhere easily accessible as you will need it soon.
- From within your WordPress admin dashboard, hover over Plugins on the left side navigation menu and click on Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button.
- Click the Browse button.
- Navigate to the zip file you previously downloaded and select it.
- Once the file is selected, click the Install Now button.
- On the Installing plugin from uploaded file page click the Replace current with uploaded button.
For older WordPress versions prior to 5.5, try this guide.
Using the WP-CLI
If your webhost supports WP-CLI you can update Gravity Forms and the Add-Ons from the command line. Don’t already have the Gravity Forms CLI add-on installed? Install it today using the following WP CLI command:
wp plugin install gravityformscli --activate
See the Managing Gravity Forms and Add-Ons with WP-CLI article for more details.